The AGS Cares Program made more than $155,000 in cash and in-kind donations during the first six months of this year to various charities that work to improve the lives of children, veterans, impoverished people and animals, both here and overseas.
According to a press release, the donations included $39,538 in cash and $116,460 in-kind contributions, mainly donated advertising space in guest guides designed by AGS.
“Our goal was $250,000 cash and in-kind donations for the year, so we are well ahead of our goal,” said AGS President Brian Schaeffer. “The Good Lord continues to bless our business and there isn’t a day that goes by that we aren’t grateful.”
AGS has donated more than $180,000 in cash and $350,000 in in-kind contributions since the 2012 inception of the AGS Cares Program.
Donation recipients during the past six months included:
- KOA Care Camps: A non-profit charity of the KOA Owners Association, KOA Care Camps sends kids with cancer to special camps where they can enjoy camping and recreational experiences at no charge to their families. Created in 1984, the program has grown to support 52 KOA Care Camps across the country. www.koacarecamps.com
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital: Founded by the late entertainer Danny Thomas and based in Memphis, Tenn., St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is internationally recognized for its pioneering work in finding cures and saving children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases. St. Jude is the first and only pediatric cancer center to be designated as a Comprehensive Cancer Center by the National Cancer Institute. St. Jude freely shares its discoveries with scientific and medical communities around the world. It’s also the only pediatric cancer research center where families never pay for treatment not covered by insurance. No child is ever denied treatment because of the family’s inability to pay. www.stjude.org
- Feherty’s Troops First Foundation: This is a Laurel, Md.-based nonprofit organization that works to provide meaningful assistance to our service members who have suffered devastating injuries in Iraq and Afghanistan. www.troopsfirstfoundation.org
- IMAHelps: Headquartered in Rancho Mirage, Calif., IMAHelps organizes annual humanitarian missions to provide critical healthcare services, including cleft lip and cleft palate surgeries, to some of the poorest communities in Central and South America. IMAHelps medical teams include general internal medicine doctors, plastic and maxillofacial surgeons, pediatricians, OB-GYNs, dentists, prosthetists and physical therapists. Since it was founded in 2000, IMAHelps volunteers have provided free surgeries and other healthcare services to nearly 100,000 indigent patients in Ecuador, Peru, Nicaragua, El Salvador and Mexico. The organization’s next medical humanitarian mission is set for July 21 to 27 in Itaugua, Paraguay. www.imahelps.org
- Joel Osteen Ministries: Joel Osteen is a native Texan and the Pastor of Lakewood Church, which according to Church Growth Today is America’s largest and fastest growing church. Joel Osteen Ministries provides the basic necessities of food, clothing and medical supplies to hungry children and families in need, while also using television, the Internet, podcasts and other new technologies to reach others with the Good News of the Gospel to inspire people everywhere and help them rediscover their true purpose in life. Joel Osteen Ministries is involved in vaccination programs, abandoned baby centers and centers for young troubled teens looking for a new life and a fresh start. www.joelosteen.com
- Samaritan’s Purse: Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. www.samaritanspurse.org.
AGS has also made one-time donations to various other charities recommended by the company’s clients as part of a customer loyalty program.
Based in Crowley, Texas, AGS publishes over 2 million guest guides (site maps) annually in the US and Canada using environmentally friendly recycled paper and soy-based ink. Texas Advertising Company, Inc. acquired AGS from Good Sam Enterprises LLC in 2011. For more information about AGS, visit its website at www.agspub.com.