In a recent post on its gocampingamerica.com website, ARVC provided a list of campgrounds for those baseball fans planning a pilgrimage to see their favorite team play ball this summer.
“Today’s campgrounds offer a range of accommodations — from tent spots to RV hook-ups to cabins and more; many of the comforts of home; and plenty of diversions to keep the family occupied,” the post stated.
Located near the country’s most iconic ballparks, some of the campgrounds the post listed included:
- Turner Field, Atlanta, Ga. — Just an hour from the home of the Braves, Pine Mountain RV Resort caters to a wide range of campers, offering tent and RV sites and cabins.
- Fenway Park, Boston, Mass. — Sandy Pond Campground, located just an hour from Red Sox country, is a true vacation destination with activities for all ages. Known for its crystal clear waters and hospitality, the campground has everything from private tent camping sites to group camping areas and cabins.
- Wrigley Field, Chicago, Ill. — Cubs fans hoping this will finally be the year can pitch a tent, park an RV or rent a cabin or park model at Fish Lake Beach Camping Resort. Not only is the resort about an hour from historic Wrigley Field, it’s also near Six Flags Great America, outlet shopping and more.
- Nationals Park, Washington, D.C. — Ramblin’ Pines RV Park & Campground is a full-service, family-friendly retreat only 35 miles from the Nationals’ home park. The campground perfectly balances its rural location with proximity to the nation’s capital, giving fans the best of both worlds.
- Kauffman Stadium, Kansas City, Mo. — At the Kansas City East/Oak Grove KOA, campers are only 20 miles from the Royals’ Kauffman Stadium yet still surrounded by nature.
- Yankee Stadium, New York, N.Y. — Fans can soak up a game at the famed Yankee Stadium then sleep under the stars at Panther Lake Camping Resort, located only 45 miles from the Bronx. The resort accommodates tent, cabin and park model campers.
- Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia, Pa. — Phillies fans can practice their swing at Timberlane Campground’s batting cage before heading off to a game at Citizens Bank Park. This campground — the closest to the City of Brotherly Love and only nine miles from the ballpark — gives fans the option to bring a tent, park their RV or enjoy an on-site cabin.
- AT&T Park, San Francisco, Calif. — Nestled among the Santa Cruz Mountains, deep in the historic redwoods, Redwood Resort RV Park & Campground feels like it’s millions of miles from the urban bustle — but in reality it’s a quick 50 mile drive to the San Francisco Giants’ home turf.