The California Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds (CalARVC) has published its 2011 Statistical Report on campground occupancy.
Fifty-eight CalARVC parks submitted at least six occupancy surveys in 2011, according to an association release.
In addition to its two traditional sections – Occupancy & Rate Data – the 2011 edition has been expanded to include three new sections – Campground Site & Amenity Comparisons, Retail Gasoline Prices and the Economic Impact of Camping.
CalARVC notes that campground owners can use this data to:
- Apply for loans.
- Determine the value of your campground.
- Project your camper nights with greater accuracy.
- Justify expansion of your park to local permitting agencies.
- Lobby local and state officials.
- Compare your operations with neighboring campgrounds.
Each of the parks which provided data is eligible for a complimentary copy. For all other campground and professional members, the cost is $25 and for suppliers or non-members, the cost is $50. To order a copy email [email protected]