“This coalition of businesses leads the nation in its efforts to create a vibrant green economy by conserving energy, water and resources for the sustainable health of the local community and the environment at large,” states the release.
Golden Village Palms currently implements the following green practices:
- The use of energy-efficient lighting.
- The use of certified non-toxic laundry, cleaning and building maintenance products in non-aerosol containers to reduce pollution.
- The donation of previously used furniture, supplies and materials to local non-profit organizations for waste diversion.
- The placement of recycling bins next to trash bins in public spaces.
- The training of staff regarding proper sorting for recycling and composting.
- The control of air conditioning and heating in public spaces through occupancy sensors or key cards to conserve energy.
- The use of low-flush toilets to conserve water.
- The introduction of a chef’s garden where herbs and vegetables are grown on the property. This reduces the radius of the resort’s shopping cart for food supplies.
In February 2022, Golden Village Palms partnered with Molekule to install its state-of-the-art air purifiers at the resort. Molekule employs innovative PECO technology that uses free radicals — the same radicals used to destroy cancer cells — to break down pollutants at a molecular level. These pollutants include viruses, bacteria, mold, allergens and chemicals. By using nanotechnology, PECO can destroy pollutants 1,000 times smaller than the standard filters that qualify as HEPA filters.
“We’re very excited to be part of the California Green Business Network. We hope that our participation will encourage other outdoor hospitality brands to join the movement for a healthier planet,” said James Lim, vice president of Sunland RV Resorts, the company that own Golden Village Palms.
PARK OF THE YEAR
Golden Village Palms RV Resort was recently named as a finalist in the “Park of the Year” awards competition presented by the National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds (National ARVC).
GOLDEN VILLAGE PALMS RV RESORT
Spanning 60 acres in San Jacinto Valley, Golden Village Palms offers 1,000 RV sties, 102 charming cottages and world-class amenities for an active adult lifestyle. The desert oasis is home to three outdoor swimming pools, 10 championship pickleball courts, a putting green, volleyball courts and California’s Shuffleboard Hall of Fame.