Coronavirus restrictions prohibiting large group gatherings have prompted most state campground associations to postpone their annual spring conventions until summer and fall, although a handful have not yet set new dates.
According to Campground Association Management Professionals (CAMP), the state campground associations that have rescheduled their conventions are as follows:
- Texas — Aug. 18-19 — https://tacomembers.com
- Virginia — Sept. 22-23 — https://virginiacampgrounds.com
- New Hampshire — Sept. 25-27 — https://www.ucampnh.com
- California — Sept. 28-30 — https://www.campcalnow.org
The South Dakota Campground Owners Association will have its spring meeting online on April 28 and, therefore, does not need to reschedule. https://southdakotacampgroundownersassociation.org
The following associations have fall conventions, which remain as scheduled:
- New York — Oct. 26-28 — http://www.campcony.com/cony-exposition
- Pennsylvania — Dec. 7-8 — https://www.pacamping.com
The following associations have canceled or postponed their spring conventions and have not announced new dates:
- Arizona — Postponed — https://gocampinginarizona.com
- Florida — Postponed — https://www.campflorida.com
- New Jersey — Cancelled — https://campnj.com
CAMP, for its part, is tentatively planning to hold its next meeting June 7-9 at Pontchartrain Landing RV Resort in New Orleans, La.
“We’ve got a lot to discuss with the coronavirus pandemic and related issues that not only affect campgrounds but the associations themselves,” said Michael Moore, past president of CAMP, which is comprised of the executive directors and CEOs of state campground associations across the country.
Speakers at CAMP’s June meeting will include Patrick Hardy, CEO of hytropy.com, one of the nation’s top disaster planning firms.
For more information on CAMP, please visit www.campgroundexecutives.com.