The fall meeting of the Campground Association of Management Professionals (CAMP) is scheduled to take place Nov. 7-8 in Orlando, Fla. Meetings will take place at the Rosen Centre Hotel which is adjacent to the Orange County Convention Center.
CAMP was formed in 1977 when several state campground and RV park association executives got together and formalized meetings held in conjunction with the annual National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds’ (ARVC) Outdoor Hospitality Conference and Expo (OHCE), and is the nation’s only association specifically designed for campground association management executives.
The meeting will include attendees from over 15 state associations around the country.
Day one topics of discussion will include:
- Are Regional Conferences the Wave of The Future? Lori Severson, Severson & Associates.
- If Disney Ran Your Association – John Formica, The Ex-Disney Guy
- How to Create Volunteer Magic in Your Association- John Formica
- Digital Marketing, Tips, Tricks, Keep Cost Down but Produce Results – Professor Josh, Orange County Library System
- Legal Issues Update – Christine Taylor, Esq., Towne Law
Day two topics include:
- Cyber Security for Your Association – Irene Jones, Marshall & Sterling Insurance
- Competition in these changing times – Larry Brownfield, Kampgrounds of America Inc.
- Let’s Get Real! What are our Members Looking for from their State Association? – Michael Moore, Texas Advertising
- EVs – How to Help Our Members Understand What’s Coming to Their Campground – Heidi Doyle, Education & Strategic Relationship Coordinator, Utility Supply Group
Around the States discussion
“Needless to say, we have a lot to discuss when it comes to managing our respective state associations. CAMP is one of the few places we can learn from each other how to provide more value to our members,” noted CAMP’s president Joann DelVescio.
CAMP will be hosting a mixer on Sunday evening prior to the meetings. CAMP is generously funded by several sponsors across the campground industry including Leavitt Insurance (Gold Sponsor); Anderson Brochure Distribution, Clarion Event Gifts, Northeast Campground Brokers (Silver Sponsors); AGS Guest Guides, Woodall’s Campground Magazine (Bronze Sponsors).
A recap of the meeting will be available on www.CampgroundExecutives.com.