CampCalNOW CEO and President Dyana Kelley remains a member of California Travel Association’s Government Relations Committee (GRC), according to a note from CampCalNOW.
The GRC’s official purpose is “to promote the mission of CalTravel through engagement in public policy development process on behalf of its membership.” The committee sets legislative priorities, reviews policy issues and recommends positions on legislation relevant to its mission of promoting travel and tourism within California.
In other words, similar to CampCalNOW and Camp-California (our marketing arm), CalTravel and Visit California are symbiotic; Visit California is responsible for marketing all California travel and tourism, while CalTravel handles the advocacy within the industry. The GRC is responsible for funding assistance for CalTravel’s political action committee, monitoring bills, working with lobbyists, and more.
Although the GRC is unable to meet in person, its members are still working hard to uphold the committee’s mission. Here are some bills they’re watching and the positions they’ve taken on them:
- AB 196 (Gonzalez, D) Workers’ compensation: COVID-19: essential occupations and industries. OPPOSE.
- AB 1107 (Chu D) Unemployment benefits: temporary additional benefits. OPPOSE.
- AB 2887 (Bonta D) Statewide emergencies: mitigation. WATCH.
- AB 2992 (Weber D) Employment practices: leave time and unemployment benefits. WATCH.
- AB 2999 (Low D) Employees: bereavement leave. WATCH.
- AB 3205 (Salas D) Regions Rise Grant Program – SUPPORT.
- AB 3123 (Gonzalez D) Employees: public health emergency. WATCH.
- AB 3216 (Kalra D) Employee leave: authorization: coronavirus (COVID-19). WATCH.
- SB 939 (Wiener D) Emergencies: COVID-19: evictions. WATCH.
- SB 943 (Chang R) Paid family leave: COVID-19. WATCH.
- SB 973 (Jackson D) Employers: annual report: pay data. OPPOSE.
- SB 1159 (Hill D) Workers’ compensation: COVID-19: critical workers. OPPOSE.
- SB 1196 (Umberg D) Price gouging. WATCH.
- SB 1383 (Jackson D) Employees: time off. OPPOSE UNLESS AMENDED.