Campground Owners of New York (CONY) will hold its 52nd Annual Exposition for the Outdoor Hospitality Industry at the Turning Stone Resort in Verona, N.Y., Nov. 12-14. Current CONY members, other campground owners/operators/staff, prospective campground operators, industry suppliers, and industry colleagues are welcome to attend this event.
CONY holds this annual exposition as part of its mission to be an association dedicated to the promotion, growth, improvement, and development of privately owned campgrounds in New York State.
Suzanne Bixby, CONY’s marketing and communications director, said the event’s theme is “Mission: CONY,” and that theme will be reflected in the professional development opportunities and networking. “We’re focused on offering programming during the exposition that supports the four cornerstones of our mission — promotion, growth, improvement and development — so that attendees go forward with a firm foundation on which to build their own success,” she said in a written announcement.
Informative seminars and special presentations will comprise the professional development and educational component of the exposition. A sampling of just some of the topics and speakers include:
- Friday Luncheon Address by Gavin Landry, executive director of tourism for New York State Empire State Development, and Ross Levi, vice president for marketing initiatives at Empire State Development.
- Campground Activities with Lori Severson, owner of Severson & Associates and executive director of the Wisconsin Association of Campground Owners .
- CONY 101 – Everything you need to know about interacting with CONY and getting the most out of your membership, with CONY staff and regional directors.
- Risk Management, with Irene Jones of Marshall & Sterling Insurance.
- Water Rescue and Emergency Management, with Tom Wolf, firefighter/paramedic.
- The Secret to Stress-Free Campground Management, with Sue Glenny, R.N.
- Quickbooks for Beginners and Intermediates, with Ed Marden, senior tax professional and owner of Camp Bell Campground.
- Panel Discussion on Workampers, led by Mike Papp, CONY member services director and owner of West Canada Creek Campsites.
- Electronic News Blast Service, with Matt Mitchell, vice president of Corporate Communications Inc.
Attendees bringing their families are encouraged to sign up their younger children (ages 2-11) for the “CONY Kids Club,” for safe, supervised fun for the kids while you attend seminars and meetings.
Register teenagers for “Teen Track,” a track of seminars for “future Campground Owners of New York.”
The Exposition will kick off Thursday, Nov. 12 with extended-length seminars and a field trip to the Adirondack Distilling Company and Wilcor International showroom (includes a “Taste of Utica, New York” dinner at Wilcor). Friday will feature more seminars, a luncheon with sponsor introductions and a keynote address Gavin Landry and Ross Levi from “I Love New York.” The exposition trade show will take place in the afternoon, and wine tasting, dinner and auction will take place in the evening.
The agenda for Saturday will include a morning trade show, lunch, an afternoon panel discussion and round-table event, and the annual business meeting for CONY members. The evening festivities will kick off with the Chairman’s reception, followed by a formal banquet with installation of CONY officers and special guest speaker Gary Mervis, founder of Camp Good Days and Special Times.
Also during the anniversary dinner, CONY will announce the amount of proceeds raised from its second season of fundraising for Camp Good Days and Special Times, a New York State-based organization providing camping experiences to children with cancer. In the past three years, CONY has raised more than $150,000 in donations for the charity.
Attendee registration is $50 per campground, plus selected meal plans and lodging.
The trade show on Nov. 13 and 14 welcomes industry suppliers for insurance, retail products, graphic design, campground equipment and products, merchant services and more. Companies interested in doing business with New York campground operators are encouraged to register as exhibitors and/or sponsors.
Exhibitor booth space starts at $445.00, and sponsorships start at $250.
For more details, including schedule, attendee registration forms, exhibitor registration forms, and an exposition information booklet, go to www.campcony.com/2015-cony-exposition or contact the CONY office at 585-586-4360, or [email protected].