Geocaching became popular as an interactive outdoor hobby just over 10 years ago. Today, there are an estimated 1.3 million caches worldwide. Take a break from the usual afternoon hike, and try geocaching on your next camping trip.
Activekids.com reported that seekers participate in an outdoor treasure hunt using a GPS-enabled device. By following a specified set of coordinates, they’re led to hidden containers called caches. There are a variety of reasons why this simple game is the perfect adventure for your next camping trip:
- It’s a family activity that involves kids and adults.
- It encourages outdoor activity.
- It teaches map reading skills.
- It’s cost effective (in fact, nearly free).
- It can be done anywhere in the world.
- It helps you discover new people, places and things.
For the full story click here.