Go RVing has published a detailed report examining how the RV consumer of the future is going to use technology so that Go RVing could pinpoint the best ways to reach out to those potential customers. They called upon a Influential, a company that uses IBM’s WATSON to join machine learning and natural language processing (NLP) to analyze the last 22,000-plus words used by a brand or influencer, in this case, Go RVing, on social media.
According to a press release, Influential’s report suggests some new and exciting ways for GoRving to best tap into the current RV conversations in the social space and reach emerging audiences — Millennials, African Americans, and Hispanics — in an authentic way. The survey’s results are not only important for Go RVing to note, but they are also relevant to sellers and marketers of RVs who can incorporate the action points into their own sales and marketing procedures.
Some key findings of the report focus on how three emerging groups of future buyers of RVs have different expectations when they consider the outdoor lifestyle and what they would enjoy about RVing. Millennials, for example, are young but more established than believed, and are driven by a need for freedom found in the great outdoors. Hispanics are price-sensitive and fiercely independent, and are focused on self-expression and creating experiences. They also respond to the DIY nature of road trips. And African Americans, most of whom are city dwellers, value family escapes to the country, spending time with loved ones, and enjoying the outdoors.
Some of the survey’s key takeaways and action points:
- California, Texas, and Florida had the highest amounts of conversation.
- Find events to entice locals to come out and get to know RVing better.
- Content about RVing does best on Instagram and Twitter across all audience segments.
- Hashtags are widely used by the RVing community on social media.
- Combine relevant RV and non-RV hashtags to start connecting non-RV audiences with RV activity.
- Upgrading and maintaining RVs is a point of pride for owners, providing an opportunity to activate influencers who like to enhance their lives by trying new things.
- Create touch points in another perspective.
- Most of GoRVing’s current social content focused on the benefits of RV travel, while very little content aimed to address the barriers preventing people from purchasing/renting an RV.
Members may access the Consumer of the Future full executive summary.