National Park Service (NPS) officials announced Thursday (Oct. 3) that Grand Canyon National Park’s North Rim in Arizona, will transition to seasonally reduced services beginning at noon on Oct. 16, according to the St. George News.
Grand Canyon National Park officials would like to remind the public to plan accordingly if they intend to visit the North Rim after Oct. 15.
The following status of services will remain in effect through the end of October:
- Bright Angel Point Road: open.
- North Rim Visitor Center: open.
- Scenic drive: open unless closed by weather.
- North Rim Administration Building: open with water available.
- Campground: open with restrooms and water available.
- Grand Canyon Lodge Gift Shop: open with limited grab-and-go food options.
- Self-serve gas station: open for credit or debit card use pending park conditions.
- Restrooms: closed, but port-a-potties will be available.
- Grand Canyon Lodge and restaurants: closed.
- Shower and laundry facilities: closed.
- Campground store: closed.
- Park ranger programming: closed.
- Canyon Trail Rides: closed.
- North Rim Visitor Center bookstore: closed.
To read more click here.