Myrtle Beach Lawsuit On Monday (Jan. 25) a judge denied Horry County’s request to temporarily block the city of Myrtle Beach from selling two city-owned campground sites, according to WBTW.

“The city of Myrtle Beach is pleased with this week’s order by Circut Court Judge Benjamin H. Culbertson, denying Horry County’s request for a preliminary injunction to block the sale of the city-owned ‘campground’ properties,” the City of Myrtle Beach said.

News13 has reached out to Horry County for comment and has not heard back.

The county filed a lawsuit in December seeking an injunction to halt the city from selling property inhabited by Lakewood Camping Resort and Pirateland Family Camping Resort, both of which are being leased.

The county took issue with the asking price for the properties, saying they were being sold for less than fair market value. The county also claimed the sale of the properties would hurt the county’s revenue stream.

Myrtle Beach entered into an agreement in 2004 that the city would pay 75% of the lease revenue from Lakewood Camping Resort and Pirateland Family Camping Resort to the county to benefit Myrtle Beach International Airport. The city would get to keep the other 25%, according to the lawsuit.

To read more, click here.