All nominations must be accompanied with the signatures of 15 voting members from the nominee’s voting area. It is the responsibility of the person making the nomination to ensure that all 15 signatories hold current and valid voting member status with ARVC, as defined in Article IV, Section 1 of the ARVC bylaws.
A link to this signatures form is available for download to assist in gathering signatures.
The Nominations and Elections Committee will verify this upon submission. Petition signatures from non-voting members shall not be considered as valid and will not be counted, and may therefore render a petition invalid. In such cases, nominees will be notified by the Nominations and Elections Committee within 14 days of submission, and will have an opportunity to rectify the shortfall, subject to the submission deadline of July 9.
Board Director Qualification Summary:
1. Have at least two years’ experience as an RV park or campground owner/operator
2. Is the designated representative of a voting member campground/RV park
3. Is associated with a voting member park in good standing with ARVC
4. Is able to give priority to the ARVC meeting schedule for Board meetings and the Outdoor Hospitality Conference & Expo
5. Have their CPO/OHEP certificate or be actively enrolled in the Outdoor Hospitality Education Program
Also recommended but not required:
1. Participation in local, regional or state tourism councils
2. Have experience in fundraising
3. Possess the ability and willingness to represent ARVC at state meetings
4. Particular expertise
Nomination Documentation Required:
1. A biography stipulating the candidate’s abilities and outlining involvement as described above
2. A form with 15 certifiable voting member signatures nominating candidate. A link to this signatures form is available for download to assist in gathering signatures
3. A letter from the candidate certifying his/her willingness and reasons he or she wishes to serve
Verified candidates for the open Board of Directors positions will be announced, with absentee balloting beginning in August, before in-person voting takes place on Nov. 6 during the Outdoor Hospitality Conference and Expo (OHCE) in Knoxville, Tenn. The election winners will be oriented and officially join the Board of Directors on the final day of OHCE.
For a complete list of current area directors or a full copy of the ARVC bylaws please visit www.arvc.org.