Kentucky State Park resorts, lodges, campgrounds and restaurants are offering spring break specials and packages in an effort to attract families, the Louisville Courier-Journal reported.
The parks offer trails, playgrounds, tennis and basketball courts, fishing and wildlife viewing.
Some of the special offers and programs:
- At Barren River Lake State Resort Park near Lucas, a Bed and Breakfast Package for an adult and one child includes one night’s lodge room and breakfast costs $49.99. The Family Package for four people includes one night’s lodge room, a pizza, drinks and cookies for $69. There are also packages for cottages starting at $69.95 a night.
- At Buckhorn Lake State Resort Park near Buckhorn, overnight lodging packages for families start at $49.95 a night. A cottage package is available for $89.95.
- At Cumberland Falls State Resort Park near Corbin, there is a Spring Break Adventure through Wednesday. Lodge room rates start at $69 a night.
- At Kenlake State Resort Park near Aurora, packages combine overnight lodging with court time at the park’s tennis center. The packages include one night’s lodging, continental breakfast and two hours of court time for $69.95 plus tax. Packages with one- and two-bedroom cottages are also available starting at $89.95.
- At Rough River Dam State Resort Park, near Falls of Rough, a lodge package starts at $69.95 for one night and breakfast for the family. Also available is a cottage package for $139.95 for two adults and two children 12 and under that features one night in a cottage, dinner and breakfast.