In an event scheduled for 1 pm (MT) Wednesday, May 5, Outdoor Industry Association (OIA) Director of Government Affairs Rich Harper will lead a discussion with OIA’s outside trade counsels, Ron Sorini and Andrew Samet, on the wide range of issues that impact global supply chains of critical importance to outdoor companies.
OIA is a membership-driven trade organization for the outdoor retail trade industry. In collaboration with members, OIA is a force for the industry in recreation and trade policy, sustainable business innovation and increasing outdoor participation.
Sorini, Samet & Associates has represented OIA for over 15 years, helping our membership navigate a myriad of issues, from punitive tariffs on products sourced from China to securing duty-free treatment for travel goods in the Generalized System of Preferences (GSP).
These are among the topics that Harper, Sorini and Samet will discuss:
- China tariffs: how long they might continue and prospects for a new exclusion process
- What the focus in Washington on forced labor means for the industry
- Implications of the Biden administration’s Build Back Better plan for the industry
- Shipping challenges for outdoor companies
- The prospects for new tariffs or free trade stemming from the Section 301 investigations with Vietnam
- The future of critical trade programs such as GSP and miscellaneous tariff bills (MTBs)
- Your questions