With a couple of weeks still to go, organizers said things are looking good for the 2015 Ohio Campground Owners Association (OCOA) Spring Conference & Trade Show, which is March 6-7 at the Embassy Suites in Columbus, Ohio.
OCOA Executive Director Kristy Smith said already 40 campgrounds have registered. They’ve pledged to bring more than 80 attendees, which is about average for attendance numbers, Smith added.
The conference features an Ohio Department of Natural Resources update from Gary Obermiller, deputy director of Ohio State Parks & Watercraft and chief of Ohio State Parks, as well as a report from Barb Youmans of the National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds.
Obermiller and Youmans will be speaking the first day of the conference, which also features a keynote address from Mary Cusick, director of TourismOhio, whose topic is “BIG Fun and BIG Business – Ohio Tourism Ready for BIG Things.”
Smith said those three plus the rest of the agenda is reason why Ohio park and campground owners are looking forward to the conference.
“Attendees can expect to gain practical knowledge through our courses and discussions that they can take back and implement to make their campgrounds more appealing, safer and more attractive to the customer,” Smith said.
“In addition, the networking opportunities by and between campgrounds are a major benefit of the conference as they bounce ideas and ask questions of one another,” she continued. “Last, the attendees can expect to see a great variety of exhibitors at our trade show allowing them an opportunity to view the latest and greatest products and services for their upcoming camping season.”
Other conference highlights includes a trade show, auction and several breakout sessions, including:
- “Exit Strategy: Beginning with the End in Mind” led by Larry Brownfield, Kampgrounds of America;
- “Profit by Walking in Your Customers Shoes” led by Peter Pelland, Pelland Advertising;
- “Emergency Planning For the Unexpected” led by Youmans;
- “Guest Experience: Going Beyond Customer Service” led by Robert Bouse, Travel Resorts of America;
- “Campground Rules and Regulations – Knowing More than your Sanitarian” led by Amanda Sines, Capitol Action Team, and Chip Hanawalt, Autumn Lakes Campground.
For more information, visit www.ohiocampers.com.