On March 24, the Outdoor Recreation Roundtable (ORR), the country’s leading outdoor recreation coalition, will be hosting a briefing with Congressional staff and leaders of the outdoor recreation industry as they outline the $788 billion industry’s objectives and priorities for 2021 and beyond. RV Industry Association Vice President of Government Affairs Jay Landers will be presenting during the event, according to information posted online by the RV Industry Association.
Much of the focus will be on the industry’s 21st century recreation agenda, capitalizing on soaring participation rates for job creation and economic recovery, and particularly how recreation can create jobs in rural America. The group will also discuss implementing the goals of the Great American Outdoors Act and the process of choosing and implementing Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) projects. There will be time for Q&A with the presenters after the briefing.
Outdoor Recreation Roundtable Hill Briefing
Date: Wednesday, March 24
Time: 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM Eastern
Outdoor Recreation Industry Presenters include:
- Lindsey Davis, Acting Executive Director – Outdoor Recreation Roundtable (ORR)
- Nicole Vasilaros, Sr. Vice President, Government and Legal Affairs – National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA)
- Frank Hugelmeyer, President – National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA)
- Lise Aangeenbrug, Executive Director – Outdoor Industry Association (OIA)
- Jay Landers, Vice President of Government Affairs – RV Industry Association (RVIA)
- Aaron Bannon, Executive Director – America Outdoors (AO)
- Chris Steinkamp, Head of Advocacy – Snowsports Industries America (SIA)
- Scott Schloegel, Senior Vice President, Government Relations – Motorcycle Industry Council (MIC)
- Mary Ellen Sprenkel, President and CEO – The Corps Network