The Texas Association of Campground Owners (TACO) presented awards today (April 23) as the Texas association kicked off the first full day of its annual spring meeting and trade show at the Lake Conroe/Houston North Kampgrounds of America (KOA) in Montgomery, Texas.
TACO Executive Director and CEO Brian Schaeffer presented the association’s awards following today’s breakfast session attended by approximately 225 campground owners, vendors and industry officials from across the Lone Star State.
“This was by far the most competitive awards program we’ve ever had in our 45 year history,” he said, noting that one-and-a-half times as many parks competed for awards this year.
Schaeffer attributed the spike in award applications to TACO’s decision to post the award nomination forms online at www.TacoAwards.com.
This year’s award winning parks included:
- Jellystone Park Guadalupe River in Kerrville (jellystoneguadalupe.com), Large Park of the Year
- Beacon 44 RV Park, in Port O’Connor (beacon44rvpark.com), Medium Park of the Year
- Westgate RV Park in Poolville (westgatervparktexas.com), Small Park of the Year
- Jellystone Park Hill Country in Canyon Lake (jellystonehillcountry.com), Large Park Accommodations of the Year
- Katy Lake RV Resort in Katy (www.katylakervresort.com) Small Park Accommodations of the Year
- Katy Lake RV Resort in Katy (www.katylakervresort.com), Best Marketing Materials
In addition to recognizing top campgrounds, TACO presented a Supplier of the Year Award to Utility Supply Group of Kingston, Wash., and a Service Award to the Lake Conroe/Houston North KOA in Montgomery, Texas.