Just in time for the spring RVing season, Rand McNally has added the Woodall’s campground directory into its top-selling TripMaker RVND GPS devices.
Woodall’s, part of the Good Sam family of RV clubs, community and publications, is North America’s leading source of campground information for RVers and campers, according to a news release.
With the addition of thousands of Woodall’s-reviewed campgrounds and amenities, the TripMaker RVND devices now feature more than 250,000 RV-focused locations, such as campgrounds and RV service centers, as well as millions of additional general points of interest.
“A year ago, Rand McNally introduced the first GPS device developed specifically for RVers and campers, and the response has been exceptionally strong,” said Dave Muscatel, CEO of Rand McNally. “The addition of the Woodall’s information provides RVers with a leading source of vetted campground data that no one else provides in a GPS device.”
Two weeks ago at The Rally in Phoenix, Rand McNally employees demonstrated the Woodall’s information integrated in the TripMaker RVND device. Those RVers who saw the demo gave it high marks. In particular, they raved about the depth of information, the ability to filter by campground amenities, and the option to review Woodall’s ratings and campground costs.
With the addition of the Woodall’s campground data, TripMaker RVND’s RV campground feature now includes:
- RV parks and campgrounds with amenities such as dump stations, electric hook up.
- Contact information and seasonality for each campground.
- Private and public campgrounds including U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, national and state parks.
The GPS also features Woodall’s campground data for thousands of commercial RV parks and campground locations, with amenities including:
- Family-friendly campgrounds and pets-allowed locations.
- “Big Rig” parks.
- “Green” parks.
- Site information such as extended stay sites available, typical site width and pull through information.
- Services such as fees, escort to site, dumping.
- Essential information about seasonality and rates.
- Proprietary “5-W” ratings, which reflect the views of unbiased inspectors who visit and rate every possible private campground each year.
RVers can find campgrounds and route to them by address, or by latitude/longitude. The Trails feature allows a trail to be recorded and played back, enabling a return to a campsite when traveling on unmarked roads.
Not only is the Woodall’s information being loaded into new devices, but existing TripMaker RVND device owners can download the data for free via the Rand McNally Dock. The Rand McNally Dock is a software interface (via a computer with an open Internet connection) that enables Rand McNally device owners to update, back up, and download content to their GPS units. For more information about how to download the Woodall’s content, TripMaker RVND owners should go to www.randmcnally.com/campgrounds.
Rand McNally’s TripMaker RVND GPS units are available at Camping World SuperCenters nationwide, at CampingWorld.com, at RV dealers and at select retailers and online sites.