The RV/MH Hall of Fame’s annual induction dinner honoring the Class of 2014 will be held Aug. 4 at the Hall of Fame’s Northern Indiana Event Center in Elkhart, Ind., according to a written announcement by Darryl Searer, president of the RV/MH Hall of Fame.
Searer said, “Our 2014 Induction Dinner Committee Chairman, Mark Wasson (Bluelinx Corporation), has some exciting new ideas for this year’s program and I encourage all the friends of this year’s inductees and industry members to make their reservations early.”
According to Wasson, this year’s program begins with a private cocktail party in Champion Hall from 4:00 p.m to 5:30 p.m honoring all the past inductees, board members and the Class of 2014 inductees and their families. This event is being hosted by the RV/MH Heritage Foundation board of directors.
Those being inducted in the Class of 2014 include:
• Debbie Brunoforte, president-owner and CEO, Little Dealer, Little Prices (RV Dealer), Arizona.
• Bob Livingston, senior vice president, Group Publisher, Good Sam, California.
• Peter B Orthwein, chairman, Thor Industries (RV Manufacturer), Ohio.
• John D Roba, founder and president of Roba and Associates. (Manufacturer’s representative for the RV and MH industries) and JR Products (supplier), New York;
• James F Shields (deceased), president of Pan Pacific RV Centers, Inc., (RV dealer), California.
• Barry Cole, president of Manufactured Housing Insurance Services and Cole Housing Corp. (insurance supplier to RV/MH industries and MH communities) California.
• Ed Evans, managing partner of EPM (MH community owner and developer) California;
• Thomas “Tom” L. Kern, CEO, Style Crest Enterprises (RV/MH supplier), Ohio.
• Richard “Dick” King, founder and CEO of King Insurance (insurance supplier to RV/MH industries), Nebraska.
• Gary McDanial, CEO, YES! Communities, (MH communities), Colorado.
Following the hall’s cocktail party for Hall of Fame members, a cocktail reception for everyone attending the induction dinner ceremonies begins at 5:30 p.m. followed by a gala dinner and induction ceremony at 7 p.m. All day Monday the attendees will be able to tour the hall’s many attractions including the antique unit collection in the museum, library and the GoRVing Hall.
In addition to the induction ceremony, the 2014 Golf Classic fundraiser will start at 7 a.m. with a full breakfast followed by a shotgun start at 8:30 a.m., followed by an awards presentation. This year the golf classic will again be hosted by The Bent Oak Golf Club in Elkhart.
Searer said, “We expect this year’s events to be the best ever. You’ll not want to miss this exciting annual event.”
Searer will deliver his short annual “State of the Hall” address and promises attendees will be pleased with the hall’s successes over the past year.
To sign up online for either or both the Induction Dinner and Golf Tournament visit www.rvmhhalloffame.org.