> SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE! 

Firefighters douse flames at the Lazy River Campground in Epsom, N.H., Monday (April 16) morning.

Ken Smith watched helplessly Monday (April 16) morning in the freezing rain as flames engulfed his home and barn.

The two structures stood at the entrance to the 48-acre Lazy River Campground on Goboro Road in Epsom, N.H., where the barn served as the recreation center, according to the Concord Monitor.

“May 15 will be 21 years,” he said, sitting in a gray sedan to get out of the rain as firefighters cleared the still-smoldering scene.

The white-clapboard home Smith and his family lived in remained mostly standing, but was rendered completely uninhabitable. The blaze reduced the barn to blackened rubble.

“We had three pool tables in there. Air hockey, a bunch of video games. Lots of antiques,” Smith said. The barn also featured regular Saturday evening dances.

Smith, who called in the fire at 7:16 a.m., said it started with a woodstove in the home.

Nobody was injured in the fire, Smith said and pets were also evacuated in time.

To read more on this story click here.