Port of San Diego, Calif., commissioners have approved a new RV park on Chula Vista’s waterfront — the first project under larger plans to develop the scenic area into a landmark destination, according to The San Diego Union-Tribune.
The board of port commissioners hailed the approval of the Costa Vista RV Resort as a significant step for the so-called Chula Vista bayfront project, which has been in the works for more than 20 years.
“I have to say this is quite the monumental day,” port commissioner Ann Moore said at the board’s April 10 meeting before the 6-0 vote to approve the RV park.
Proposed features of the resort, which will be located at E Street and Bay Boulevard near the Living Coast Discovery Center, include:
- 255 sites, including 139 traditional RV stalls and 116 park model RV units
- Traditional and children’s pools, as well as a Jacuzzi
- A spa/salon, sauna and gym
- A grill/restaurant
- An arcade and game room
- A business center and multi-purpose room
- A covered picnic area with outdoor grills
- A children’s rock-climbing wall and playground, horseshoe pits and bocce ball courts
- A welcome center, with restrooms, showers and laundry facilities
Southfield, Mich.-based Sun Communities was chosen to develop and operate the RV park in April 2017. It owns and operates about 100 RV resorts across the U.S. and in Ontario.
To read more on this story click here.