As the weather heats up, growing numbers of families are enjoying the water slides, splash grounds, lazy rivers and other amenities and activities at the seven Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park Camp-Resort locations across Texas, according to Jellystone Park officials.
“We’re getting busier!” said Steve Stafford, general manager of the North Texas Jellystone Park in Burleson, near Fort Worth. The park’s two 65-foot tall, 350-foot-long tubular water slides are opening today (May 29) along with the Pirate’s Cove Waterpark next door. The park’s new 260-foot-long pirate ship, which features 10 two-bedroom cabin suites, has been open for several weeks.
Also opening Friday is the dinosaur-themed water zone at the Jellystone Park in Canyon Lake, which features water cannons, slides, blasters, a hydro storm, as well as a splash pad. The Jellystone Park in Kerrville will also open its 19,000 square-foot interactive water zone and water slides the same day. The Kerrville location’s waterslides are 196-, 242-, and 334-feet long.
Swimming pools, splash grounds and water zones at the Jellystone Park locations in Fredericksburg, Tyler, Wichita Falls and Waller are also open. The Waller location also has a six-lane Pine Tree Plunge water slide and a twisting “Jelly Roll” slide and lazy river.
The many water features at Jellystone Park locations in Texas complement a variety of attractions, theme weekend events and activities with Yogi Bear, Boo Boo, Cindy Bear and Ranger Smith, all of which take into account new social distancing guidelines. Following is a sampling of the amenities and activities at each Jellystone Park location along with website links to activity schedules and other information:
- Burleson: Activities include gem mining, a petting farm, nature trails, laser tag, paintball, catch-and-release fishing and facilities for basketball, volleyball, corn hole and horseshoes. https://www.northtexasjellystone.com
- Canyon Lake: Amenities at this park include disc golf, laser tag, basketball, gaga ball, and volleyball. Pedal carts and tube rides along the Guadalupe River are also available. https://jellystonehillcountry.com
- Fredericksburg: Activities include a free play arcade, miniature golf, a jumping pad, horseshoes, basketball, volleyball. The park also has a fitness center and facilities for special events. https://twcjellystone.com
- Kerrville: Attractions include disc golf, gem mining, volleyball, gaga ball, horseshoes, pedal carts, an outdoor playground and fishing along the banks of the Guadalupe River. The park also has a pub and pizzeria. https://jellystoneguadalupe.com
- Tyler: Amenities include a fishing pond, a miniature golf course, a maze, a jumping pillow and a variety of games, including basketball, cornhole, horseshoes, shuffleboard, sand volleyball and washers. https://jellystonetyler.com
- Waller: Activities include miniature golf and paintball, fishing and arts and crafts. https://lonestarjellystone.com
- Wichita Falls: Attractions include arts and crafts; archery; a barrel train ride; an 18 hole miniature golf course; a 6,000-square-foot miners maze; catch and release fishing; a paddle boat and two kayaks; pedal carts; and a petting zoo with free-range chickens, dwarf Nigerian goats, miniature horses, ducks, geese, a 70-pound desert tortoise named “Henry” and a big white rabbit named “Claude.” The park also has a baby calf, which campers can bottle feed twice a day. The park also has courts for basketball, gaga ball, tetherball, and volleyball. https://www.wichitafallsjellystone.com