It’s not too late to book a campsite, cabin or cottage for Memorial Day weekend.
At least 11 Texas campgrounds and RV parks still had availability for the holiday weekend as of Friday, according to a news release from the Texas Association of Campground Owners (TACO).
“We sent out an e-mail blast to over 350 of our affiliated campgrounds, RV parks and resorts in Texas and 11 responded right away to tell us they still had vacancies for Memorial Day weekend,” said Brian Schaeffer, executive director and CEO of TACO.
Most of the parks that still have campsites, cabins or cottages available can be booked through TexasCampgrounds.com or TexasCabinRentals.net. But the association is also providing phone numbers and individual websites for these parks as well. They include:
- Austin Lone Star RV Resort, a Carefree RV Resort in Austin.
- Bay RV Park in San Leon.
- Chimney Park RV Resort in Mission.
- Fig Tree RV Resort in Harlingen.
- Hill Country RV Resort & Cottage Rentals in New Braunfels.
- Mockingbird Hill RV Park in Burleson.
- Sandy Lake RV Resort, a Carefree RV Resort in Carrollton.
- Tejas Valley RV Park in San Antonio.
- Travelers World RV Resort, a Carefree RV Resort in San Antonio.
- Treetops RV Resort, a Carefree RV Resort in Arlington.
- Valley Gateway RV Park in Edinburg.
The Texas Association of Campground Operators publishes and distributes the Texas RV Travel & Camping Guide each year. For more information about the 2012 directory or for statistics involving the latest camping trends in Texas and New Mexico parks, contact Brian Schaeffer at (817) 307-0129 or visit www.texascampgrounds.com and www.texascabinrentals.net.