EDITOR’S NOTE: The following is an excerpt of a report by Togo RV, Click here to read the full article.
Over the past six months, we’ve polled you—our newsletter subscribers—about your rigs, camping habits, maintenance preferences, and RV lifestyle.
Some answers surprised us, and others were more expected. It turns out that the RV community is deeply divided on everything from what’s considered poor campground etiquette to whether a t-shirt or magnet makes a better souvenir. One thing we can all agree on? There’s no such thing as a bad campfire dessert.
Here’s what you had to say about your RV habits in 2020.
WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE A …
- Class B Campervan outfitted for off-grid adventure?
- Luxury Class A equipped with all the comforts of home?
57% prefer a luxury Class A.
IS WATCHING A MOVIE OR A GAME ON AN OUTDOOR RV TELEVISION BAD CAMPGROUND ETIQUETTE?
- Yes, I’m camping and don’t want to see your screen
- No way, I love my outdoor entertainment
52% said yes, it’s poor etiquette.
WHEN YOU FIND AN AMAZING, UNDER-THE-RADAR CAMPGROUND OR RV PARK DO YOU …
- Share it with your RV community
- Keep it a secret
55% would share the tip with friends.
FOR A QUICK OVERNIGHT STOP, WHICH DO YOU PREFER?
- I look for free overnight parking in a Walmart or Cracker Barrel
- I always stay in a campground
56% say that they always stay in a campground.
FAVORITE CAMPFIRE DESSERT?
- Fireside S’mores
- Dutch Oven Cobbler
74% prefer Dutch oven cobbler.
I WOULD RATHER BOONDOCK AT A …
53% would choose a farm over a winery.
HAVE YOU EVER TAKEN A MULTI-GENERATIONAL RV TRIP?
67% have taken a trip with their grandparents, parents, children, and/or grandkids.
DO YOU WORK REMOTELY FROM YOUR RV?
- Yes, love the flexibility
- Nope, RV trips are for relaxing
55% work from their rig.
WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE RV TRIP SOUVENIR?
51% would buy a magnet over a t-shirt.