The Tennessee Valley Authority’s 11 seasonal campgrounds on reservoirs throughout the Tennessee River Valley will open for the 2010 recreation season on March 19, according to a news release.
The campground season runs through Nov. 15.
For the first time, three sites will remain open through Dec. 13: Douglas Dam Headwater Campground, Douglas Dam Tailwater Campground and Pickwick Dam Tailwater Campground.
TVA’s day-use recreation areas located on dam reservations remain open year-round. Day-use recreation areas are used for hiking, fishing, boating, picnicking, wildlife viewing and swimming.
Opening hours for the campgrounds and additional information on recreation opportunities on TVA reservoirs are available by calling (800) 882-5263 or visiting www.tva.com/river/recreation.
TVA campgrounds that will open on March 19 are:
- Cherokee Dam Campground – Cherokee Reservoir.
- Douglas Dam Headwater Campground – Douglas Reservoir.
- Douglas Dam Tailwater Campground – Douglas Reservoir.
- Foster Falls Campground – Marion County, Tenn.
- Melton Hill Dam Campground – Melton Hill Reservoir.
- Barton Springs Campground – Normandy Reservoir.
- Loyston Point Campground – Norris Reservoir.
- Pickwick Dam Tailwater Campground – Pickwick Reservoir.
- Watauga Dam Tailwater Campground – Watauga Reservoir.
- Mallard Creek Campground – Wheeler Reservoir.
- Wilson Dam Rockpile Campground – Wilson Reservoir.